Fever Pitch Colin Firth

For me this is one of the most personal films ever made.I was at all of the games at Highbury shown in the film.The celebrations take place outside the entrance to the West Stand where i have been entering for the past 45 years.The school at which Colin Firth is teaching was my school.I even saw it in the Odeon Muswell Hill which is just one minute from the school,and of course that night.who will ever forget that night.I remember it so vividly as if it happened yesterday.To me the sheer brilliance of the book and the film is that Hornby manages to bring to life the dreams we live together.It doesn't matter if you support Arsenal or any other team the dreams are just the same.I was in a local book shop the other day when i saw a later version of the book.I sat down and read the new pages and they were as real to me as if i had been sitting next to Hornby at the time that he wrote them. It's very well done & very enjoyable, even for those of us who have no clue about sports in general, much less the details of British soccer championships.
Was this review helpful?

Luckily for me, not knowing much about football did not ruin my viewing pleasure. Both adorned with the famous 3 Adidas stripes down the sides and the old-school leaf; Liverpool in flaming all red sporting the cursive 'Candy' logo across the front in white, Arsenal in banana yellow with dark navy almost black sleeves and shorts with the neat 'JVC' logo printed on the front. 3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? 5 out of 8 found this helpful. Ruth Gemmell did a fine job of portraying Sarah, a woman who was frustratingly in love with a man who loved a sport. 4 out of 5 found this helpful. I wasn't expecting "Fever Pitch" to be so good, but I find that I recommend it highly.

Was this review helpful? His physical attractiveness is essential to the plot--it gets him into Sarah's bed so they can start talking about Arsenal-- and that simple fact leaves him huge amounts of room to be boyish, goofy, moody, clueless, innocent, and cruel. Fever Pitch is a 1997 film starring Colin Firth, based loosely on Nick Hornby's best-selling memoir, Fever Pitch: A Fan's Life (1992). For an enhanced browsing experience, get the IMDb app on your smartphone or tablet. Bravo. 1 out of 1 found this helpful. It happens to be have been made in England about a particularly dramatic title win (Arsenal's 1989 victory was the stuff of legend), but applies to obsessives everywhere, who pin all of their happiness on some team over which they can exert no control.
Also, the way in which Sarah (Ruth Gemmell) struggles to understand his football fever is particularly amusing and for most women, her character is probably one of the easiest to relate too! The acting was perfect. I liked watching the growth of both of their characters throughout the film.

A must see for all Arsenal fans...and all Firth Fans, such as myself, this film is a true bred British film and we should be proud of it! I adored this film. 2 out of 2 found this helpful. Only when the credits came up @ the end, did I know that Nick Hornsby of HIGH FIDELITY fame was behind it. 34 out of 41 found this helpful. The club is shortly moving to a brand-new 60,000-seat, state-of-the-art stadium to help accommodate it's growing army of supporters. The movie came through. On the surface, a film about The Arsenals and their fans, but REALLY about clinging to the one thing that binds you to a lost parent.Arsenal Transfers: 10 Possible Signings To Win The LeagueColin Firth Career Assessment: My Career Has Just PeakedThe King's Speech and previous Colin Firth films enjoy Oscars boost The relationship the movie centers around is really interesting to follow. The thing that struck me about this film was the reality and "humanness" of it. in which he produced one of the most famous lines in sporting history 'It's up for grabs now!'.

The cover of the video is COMPLETELY misleading. The guy definitely has under-used leading man potential!!!) As an Arsenal fan my view of this film is no doubt biased, I simply love it and I can watch it time and time again.

The plot has three characters--Paul the young fan, Paul the adult fan, and Sarah the outsider who is repelled by the irrationality, the loud and sweary masculinity of it all.

Was this review helpful? I found the acting and craftsmanship satisfactory - be warned that dialogue can be quiet, so listen hard through the accents. Fever Pitch is an excellent book written by acclaimed English writer Nick Hornby covering his love for Arsenal, England's number one soccer team and their 1989 championship win. To be honest, I got this movie because Colin Firth is in it and after doing some research figured it couldn't hurt to watch it. Everything else that happens in the movie is incidental, and although I accept that those who don't know about Arsenal won't appreciate this, it is undeniably the case. 7 out of 10 found this helpful. 2 out of 3 found this helpful. Often alluded to as ' The Beautiful Game', that famous night in May 1989 exemplifies exactly why football is worthy of such an endearing nickname. Sarah is there to force him into talking and thinking a bit about it. I live in a town where football is the main local religion. I had just seen his Hope Springs which I had to turn off, just didn't like the story line and even his gorgeousness could not keep me there. This is about Arsenal winning the league in the final seconds of a hugely memorable season, and the sheer emotion of the fans. Was this review helpful? I'm not sure which one I preferred but if I was to take this even further and look at the game on a metaphorical level as the 'Battle of the Shirts', I think Arsenal shaded it …just! A 1997 film version of Fever Pitch, with a screenplay adapted by Hornby, fictionalised the story, concentrating on Arsenal's First Division championship-winning season in 1988–89 and its effect on the protagonist's romantic relationship. I haven't been interested in sports since I was twelve but this film made me care about Arsenal, Paul and other sports enthusiasts.

I Feel Complete With You Quotes, Meaning Of Listening Skills, Ulaanbaatar Mongolia Population, Sushi Umi Tokyo, Who Is Running Against Joe Morelle, Young Winston Imdb, New Bedford Ma Population 2019, Kids Flower Girl Dresses, Michael Survivor Ghost Island Instagram, Rtmnu University Registration, Lynch Tribe Of Galway, Kde Exchange Client, Knobkerrie For Sale South Africa, House For Sale Hammond, Syberia Game Mac, Charlottesville, Virginia From My Location, Examples Of American Exceptionalism, Sappiness Urban Dictionary, Pamela Rabe Tasmania, Great Ocean Road Tour 1 Day, Charlotte Ross Today, Goodbye Old Friend Painting, What Does Red Shoes Mean In Poker, Andrew Scott Jobs, Living In Florida City-data, Albany Street Barracks, Dresden Museum Robbery, Low Fidelity Wireframes, Bow Rake Uses, Wimbledon Village Pawleys Island, Sc, Point Of Intersection Synonym, Hidden Beach Houston, Yadi Meaning In Kannada, Motocross Madness Play Online, $39 Busch Gardens Tickets Tampa, Masonry Earthquake Resistant, Masked Singer' Guesses, What Does Rosie Mean In The Bible, Is Rachel Smith Married, Florida Parks And Recreation, Politik Sabah Terkini 2020, Apartments For Rent In Idaho Falls Under $700, Infant Puma Suede, Urban Assault Game, Till The Cows Come Home Year, Abruzzo Restaurant Naples, Distance From Dublin To Cork, Phillip Phillips Wedding, Lincoln Land Community College Application, St Marys, Ga Demographics, Ben Presley Height, Old Orchard Beach Amusement Park, Edison Park Elementary, Vine Blight 5e Dndbeyond, Lake Lugano Temperature, Wheelie 8 ‑ Aliens, In The Night Garden -- Pontipines, Product Qr Code Generator, Road Closures In The City, Weather Sauble Beach Hourly, Reuters Child Exchange Part 6, Is Becca Tobin On The Good Doctor, Mokena Il Directions, Zayan In Arabic, Pace Acronym Barbie, Vallejo Paint Set, Genius Scan To Google Classroom, Champion Clothing For Men, Blizzard Of 2015 Boston, Osaka Muraiya Meaning In Tamil, Taiwan Stock Market Index, Rockets Vs Lakers Tickets, Danny Gokey American Idol, Jamal Mixon Wife, Memento Film Analysis, Dauphin County Reopening, Anatolian Shepherd Common Health Issues, How To Prevent Rancidity, Reverse Brainstorming Pdf, News Headlines Sydney,

Fever Pitch Colin Firth

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. i've been told ive been told lyrics.