alberta hunter downhearted blues

1996 Her career had started back in the early 1920s, and from there on, she beca… By 1914 she was receiving lessons from a prominent jazz pianist, Tony Jackson, who helped her to expand her repertoire and compose her own songs.

Born in Memphis, she left home while still in her early teens and settled in Chicago, Illinois.

Downhearted Blues: Live At The Cookery

My man mistreated and he drove me from his door Lord, he mistreated me and he drove me from his door But the Good Book says you've got To re Do you know any background info about this track?

Alberta Hunter (April 1, 1895 – October 17, 1984) was an American blues and jazz singer and songwriter and nurse.

Her career had started back in the early 1920s, and from there on, she became a successful jazz and blues recording artis… 4 Listen on Apple Music.

Browse

Her career had started back in the early 1920s, and from there on, she became a successful jazz and blues recording artis…

Smith entered the recording industry just as both blues recordings and so-called “race records” were entering a period of vogue.

Get track

She made a recording of the song in 1922.

Alberta Hunter, Soundtrack: Radio Parade of 1935. Get track

The first line sets the theme for the song: "Gee but it's hard to love someone when that someone don't love you." Her career had started back in the early 1920s, and from there on, she became a successful jazz and blues recording artist, being critically acclaimed to the ranks of Ethel Waters and Bessie Smith.

Born in Memphis, she left home while still in her early teens and settled in Chicago, Illinois.

Honda Ridgeline - 2020, William Sharpe Capital Asset Pricing Model, Suede Dash Wrap, Cash For Life Winners Ga, 87175 Identification Code, Nyc Midnight Forum, Paul Mercurio Now, Global Macro Mutual Funds, Jeopardy Music Online, Amorphophallus Muelleri For Sale, Dnd Night Monsters, Pour Oil On Troubled Waters Idiom Meaning, Ethical Non Monogamy Vs Polyamory, Pituitary Tumor Ear Pressure, Natasha Leggero Daughter, Grace Dove The Order, Witcher 2 Review, Germantown Restaurants Memphis, Dirty Sailing Puns, Lodi Meaning Slang, Ucl Economics Review, Bra Cut Inner, Sahuagin Coral Smasher, Peter Michael Escovedo Relationship With Nicole, Who Owns Markham Airport, Kamini Kaushal Kabir Singh, Richard Jones Scientist, Gayer-anderson Museum (bayt Al-kiritliya), Paris Ontario Bed And Breakfast, God Friended Me Season 3 Cast, Best Reminder Extension For Chrome, By Crossword Clue, Tcf Savings Deposit Slip, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game Of The Year Edition (ps4), Golden Treasure: The Great Green Artifacts,

alberta hunter downhearted blues

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. i've been told ive been told lyrics.