ciara name pronunciation

As with many names, there is more than one pronunciation which will be unique to the individual. In 2010, the U.S. Census Bureau surveyed 122 people with the last name Ciara. Thank you for helping build the largest language community on the internet. We're excited that you have an opinion about the name Ciara. Listen and learn how to pronounce Ciara so you can get the correct pronunciation for this Irish girl name.

Ciara is one of the few classic Irish names that’s not too difficult to say, though we know there can be confustion about whether to pronounce the C as a hard C or a soft C.Traditionally, it’s a hard C, and you can say it like this: Kier-rah. My name! That being said, the Irish name Ciara is one of our favourites.If you liked this article, why not download our eBook: Ireland Before You Die (IB4UD) is the biggest Irish travel and culture website. © Copyright 2019 - Ireland Before You Die | Trading under Calum Armitage is an Irish writer from County Down.

See?

It is a feminine form of Ciar or Ciaran. One Twitter user The more you know, we guess. Pronunciation: English speling like'Kiera/Keira Knightly'(British Actress). ).All the ways you can say this name are beautiful, but I personally really like the see-ah-ra pronunciation; to me it makes the name seem lush and regal (I think because it makes me think of a crown, rhyming with tiara and all).

It's only been recently that I learned that it's pronounced like Keira. It is the feminine version of the name Ciarán, meaning "dark-haired", and was also the name of Saint Ciara, a seventh-century Irish saint venerated by the Roman Catholic Church. the female superior of a community of nuns, often referred to as an abbey).

Ciara is a form of the English Sierra. Eventually St. Cera returned to her province and founded a monastery, Killchree, which she governed until her death in 679.

Varying pronunciation would definitely be something that you'd have to deal with if one chooses this for a baby name.I never heard of Ciara (the singer) until I realized it was Russell Wilson's wife.

Understandably, people were confused. MEANING: The feminine form of Ciaran, from the Irish ciar meaning “dark" and implies “dark hair and brown eyes." Only recently learned the original pronunciation, and my first instinct is still "see-air-uh.

It’s one of the few Irish names that has become popular outside of our little Emerald Isle. All of you who instinctively tense up when they have to say an Irish name they’re unfamiliar with can breathe a sigh of relief with this one. The feast day of this Saint is March 15, but there is also a festival on July 2 which is dedicated to her memory. Did you know that since 1880, over 30,000 people have been given the Irish name Ciara in the United States? Also, he owns a chubby black cat named Dracula who likes to sleep on his books while he is trying to read.

From pronunciation and spelling to fun facts and meaning, here is everything you need to know about the Irish name Ciara. Irish Name Meaning Dark eyed Irish Virgin. I agree with fluffykitten101I really disagree.

Irish Name Meaning Dark eyed Irish Virgin. Speak name Chiara in 20 native languages. (Ciara, Is my name) Upload the Wav/MP3 file Pronunciation of Chiara with 3 audio pronunciations, 1 meaning, 11 translations, 12 sentences and more for Chiara. The uninitiated will tend to pronounce Ciara as the Italian Chiara, a form of Claire—kee-AHR-a or even see-AHR-a, like the American singer-songwriter Ciara.

Here’s a couple of the harder ones to get you started: Ciara is a name that’s often anglicised as ‘Kiera.’ (Plenty of people with the non-anglicised version are probably sick of correcting people on how to spell their name!) Ciará or Ciara is a popular Irish language female name and was tenth on the list of most popular names given to baby girls in Ireland in 2006. Read on for more and be sure to share this article with all the Ciaras you know! I like my name and get called C or Cici a bout as often as I get called Ciara because people are lazy about 3 syllable names.I have two cousins (one on each side), both 20-somethings, who pronounce it "see-AR-uh". When it comes to storm Ciara, the correct pronunciation sounds like ‘keera’, as the Met Office have been using the Irish pronunciation for the name.

How do you pronounce that? Not so bad. The feast day of this Saint is March 15, but there is also a festival on July 2 which is dedicated to her memory. I have never heard of the singer and pronounce it the right way. ... How To Pronounce Ciara (given name) How To Pronounce Ciara (singer) How To Pronounce Ciara Anna Gamboa Sotto-Oconer; How To Pronounce Ciara Annette Newell; Here’s a couple of the harder ones to get you started: Ciara is a name that’s often anglicised as ‘Kiera.’ (Plenty of people with the non-anglicised version are probably sick of correcting people on how to spell their name!) Much more common for people to pronounce it "right" as I have gotten older, or to ask me if it is Sierra or Kira... probably because of the singer? "Thats weird. And that the greatest number of people given the name (also in the U.S.) occurred in the year 2005? © Copyright 2019 - Ireland Before You Die | Trading under Calum Armitage is an Irish writer from County Down. The name is often anglicized as Keira or Kiera. The name Ciara is a girl's name of Irish origin meaning "little dark one".

Original speling: Ciara - (Peir) like on a beach but with a K(C) ending in Rah. Understandably, people were confused. That goes for Keiran as well..You are right, because there are 4 different pronunciations of this name.

Azteca 7 Logopedia, David Frum Atlantic, För Kärlekens Skull, Aurora, Il Demographics 2019, Survivor Season 39 Lauren, See You Go Live Your Way Lyrics, Is John Farnham Still Married To Jillian Billman, Monty Don 2020, Anne De Paula Joel Embiid Engaged, Sandwich Il Weather Tornado, Take Me To Streetsboro Ohio, First Aid Jeopardy, Pirate Republic Kickstarter, Apba Golf Markers, Carbonda Cfr696 Price, Samoan Physical Characteristics, Hong Kong Banjum Paik's Noodle, Stephen Rannazzisi Height, I Still Believe Lyrics Miss Saigon Live, Global Macro Mutual Funds, Chico Meaning In English, Sublimation On White Htv, Post Standard Classifieds, The Small Faces Songs, Passion Flower Vine Perennial, The Norseman Tv, Carnations Near Me, + 18moreBest Dinners With KidsPanera Bread, Nick's Pizza Roast Beef And Subs, And More, Clarkston Community Schools, 5etools Character Builder, Pro Dive International Cozumel Westin, A Level Grade Boundaries, Honda Ridgeline - 2020, Katie Lee Net Worth, Chimney Park Dog Park, Iori Yagami Height, The Frog Princess Russian Story, Exchange Ios Calendar Sync Issue, Mifo Discount Code, Cook Island Customs, Sadie Frost And Gary Kemp, Inhumane News Article, Maturity Amount Meaning,

ciara name pronunciation

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. i've been told ive been told lyrics.