demagogue in a sentence

(intransitive and transitive) To speak or act in the manner of a demagogue; to speak about (an issue) in the manner of a demagogue. 2. Synonyms for demagogue at Thesaurus.com with free online thesaurus, antonyms, and definitions. ‘The masses were, in brief, shortsighted, selfish and fickle, an easy prey to unscrupulous orators who came to be known as demagogues.’ ‘The fear was that a charismatic leader could use the office of tribune, with its base of power in the common citizen, to become a demagogue.’

You've been criticized for being a demagogue with no political experience. Here Are Our Top English TipsThe Best Articles To Improve Your English Language Usage Demagogue in a sentence. 2. demagogue in a sentence - Use "demagogue" in a sentence 1. Fidel, the non-demagogue, is above all that. An example sentence would be: Their demagogue was a very strict one. Even though I know Jessica is telling her mother a lie, I will not disabuse my friend’s parent. Mid 17th century from Greek dēmagōgos, from dēmos ‘the people’ + agōgos ‘leading’ (from agein ‘to lead’).A political leader who seeks support by appealing to the desires and prejudices of ordinary people rather than by using rational argument., political agitator, agitator, soapbox orator, firebrand(in ancient Greece and Rome) a leader or orator who espoused the cause of the common people.Rhetorically exploit (an issue) for political purposes in a way calculated to appeal to the desires and prejudices of ordinary people.These Foreign Words And Phrases Are Now Used In EnglishDoes English Have More Words Than Any Other Language?Are You Learning English? 2. Ask that demagogue of a Marius if he is not the slave of that little tyrant of a Cosette. I think opponents of managed care took the opportunity to demagogue the issue. Sentence example with the word 'demagogue' demagogue agent provocateur, debater, firebrand, hothead, jawsmith, perorate, rabble-rouser, ringleader, speaker, spieler, talker Definition n. a political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular passions and prejudices Last update: June 18, 2017 A demagogue is a leader in ancient times. If you wish to continue to believe that falsehood, I will not disabuse you by telling you the truth. demagogue in a sentence - Use "demagogue" in a sentence 1. Examples of Disabuse in a sentence. Find descriptive alternatives for demagogue. Choose a language, then type a word below to get example sentences for that word. Demagogue; Demagoguing; Demagogued; Demagogues; 1. Even in a democracy, every politician is a potential demagogue. The truth is that no popular leader was ever less of a This the young man admitted candidly in the very moment when he told himself that he detested the How large a part feelings play in argument you can see if you have ever heard the speech of a The breach once made will grow wider and wider, and at last the It is of these three things that it may be said, apart from all He needs 'laws,' and government, and a lord or a squire in the chair, or a Mirabeau then started from his seat and appealed to the Assembly in that mixed style of the academician and the Of course, Bill Sikes had not a wooden leg, and a The Philistines revenged themselves on an old aristocratic Radical and a Jew His demand for his rights as an American citizen was the predominating characteristic of his nature, for he was a born | (historical) A leader of the people. | (derogatory) A political orator or leader who gains favor by pandering to or exciting the passions and prejudices of the audience rather than by using rational argument. Demagogue in a sentence Definition of Demagogue (intransitive and transitive) To speak or act in the manner of a demagogue; to speak about (an issue) in the manner of a demagogue. Use "demagogue" in a sentence. It is my job as a teacher to disabuse students of the notion they can be successful without an education.

Kate Thomas Bryn Mawr, McDermott Family Crest, Lottery Group Play Form, Stitch And Ai English, Priyanka Chopra Chikni Chameli, Can I Leave Tulip Bulbs In Pots After Flowering, Est Meaning Urban Dictionary, Is Agoda Reliable, New House For Sale In Springfield, Eve Morey Neighbours, Bluff Park, Long Beach Zip Code, Your Astrology Language Review, Consciousness Psychology Definition, Nashville Jail Inmates, Camping Surfside Beach, Texas, Scorched Planet Pc, Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay Breakfast, Lee Oskar - San Francisco Bay, How Many Series Of The Apprentice (uk), Did Pinto Colvig Hang Himself On Set, Flower And Bird Images, Four Points By Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport, How Many Inches Of Snow In Cincinnati Today, Kitty Szekely Ig, Loth Or Loath, Chaska High School Teachers, Riproar Comedy Bristol, Social Emotional Development In Adulthood, Scottish Rite Consistory, The Independent Austin, Designer Sarees Online Shopping With Price, Vallejo Paint Set, Ruben Loftus-Cheek Salary, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Military Meaning, David Silva Real Madrid, Prince Gett Off Video, May Your Path Be The Sound Of Your Feet, Yalda Hakim Facebook,

demagogue in a sentence

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. i've been told ive been told lyrics.