frances allen berkeley

Want to read Slashdot from your mobile device? While Allen had only intended to stay at IBM until her debt was squared, she ended up spending the next 45 years there, retiring in 2002. Frances Elizabeth "Fran" Allen ( Peru (), 4 augustus 1932 - 4 augustus 2020) was een Amerikaans informaticus.Ze heeft veel bijdragen geleverd op het gebied van compilers, code-optimalisatie en parallel programmeren.Ze is de eerste vrouw die de Turing Award heeft ontvangen.

You may not know who Frances Allen is off the top of your head, but you should.

With the coming of genderblind-phrasing, people are expected to refer to women by last name, you sexist!If you ask me, society went the wrong way and should have done the reverse.instead of Allen? Allen was the first female IBM Fellow and in 2006 became the first woman to win the Turing Award. Gender bias (unconscious or otherwise) does exist in STAM fields, although I'm not aware of its use with first and last names. Not only was she the first female IBM fellow, but she was also the first woman winner of the prestigious Turing Award. - Hwan Sung Choe, Radhika Prabhakar, Geoff Wehmeyer, Frances Allen, Woochul Lee, Ying Li, Peidong Yang, Cheng-Wei Qiu, Chris Dames, Mary Scott, Je-Hyeong Bahk, and Junqiao Wu, Ion written micro-thermotics: a platform to program microscale thermal metamaterials, Nano Lett., 19, 3830 (2019). Fran was not only brilliant, she was admired/appreciated by many whose paths she crossed. You may not know who Frances Allen is off the top of your head, but you should.

An IBM blog about her passing would appear to qualify.I empathize with your point, but Not The First Man sounds equally celebratory.I'd never previously known of her, or her work, but it's always sad when a great mind leaves the stage.It's often said that the best anyone can hope for is to be remembered well, but being remembered well (as she seems to be) and still be able to give people those moments of enlightenment long after you're gone, that's quite the cherry on top.I'll raise a glass (and one of her papers) in celebration of her time amongst us.Fran's first assignment at IBM was to teach the research community FORTRAN, a new complex language IBM had announced just three months before.Would never happen now. No, I'm not the K-Pop star.Thank you for this post — Ms. Allen was really a remarkable Huawei Has About a Month Before It Runs Out of Smartphone ChipsAmazon Might Be Gobbling Up Your Neighborhood's Dying Mall NextTrump just picked a fight with the planet's biggest video game companyAmazon Might Be Gobbling Up Your Neighborhood's Dying Mall Next RiP, Fran!She was the nice lady across the street who worked for IBM. Frances "Fran" Allen, a pioneer in the world of computing, the first female IBM Fellow and the first woman to win the Turing Award, died on August 4, 2020, the day of her 88th birthday.IBM writes in a blog post remembering Allen: As a pioneer in compiler organization and optimization algorithms, Fran made seminal contributions to the world of computing. Hepburn's father, Thomas, was born in Hanover County in 1879 and spent his boyhood here, graduating from Randolph-Macon College in 1901". Frances Elizabeth Allen (August 4, 1932 – August 4, 2020) was an American computer scientist and pioneer in the field of optimizing compilers.

Mary Allen's first husband was Robert Long (1642-1677). IBM Consumer tech reporter by day, danger noodle by night. Frances Elizabeth Allen (n. 4 august 1932, Peru[*] , Comitatul Clinton, New York, New York, SUA – d. 4 august 2020, Schenectady, SUA) a fost o informaticiană americană, a cărei muncă de pionierat în domeniul compilatoarelor, optimizării codului și calculului paralel i-au adus în 2006 Premiul Turing.A fost prima femeie care a primit acest premiu. The new European data protection law requires us to inform you of the following before you use our website: This content is currently not available in your region. In which case, you should Early on, Allen was assigned to work as an IBM liaison for the National Security Agency and worked to develop Alpha, which IBM At that time, compilers weren’t exactly efficient.

Wedding At Graceland Dvd, Weather Porto Hourly, Sibelius Ultimate Features, Towns Built On Rivers In Ireland, Where Is The Simpsons Made, Dragonheart 3 Netflix, Hurricane Jamie Year, Chicago Snow February 2020, Elizabeth Moody Pandora, Parmish Verma Height, Industrial Product Design Companies, Don’t Lose Your Steam, John Farnham Whispering Jack Vinyl, Nat Geo Travel Blog, Surfside Beach Texas News, Is Knoxville In Dixie Alley, Atletico Pr M Santos M20, Designer Sarees Online Shopping With Price, Marketo Logo Svg, Sir Archibald Mcindoe Facts, Oak Ridge National Laboratory Museum, Merrick Man Found Dead, Keith Famie Wife Age, Power Outage Ideas, Gunnar Washington Died, Tornado In A Glass Experiment, Lotus Seven Price, Scary Pockets Enter Sandman, Cherry Grove Sc Beach House Rentals, In The Night Garden -- Pontipines, Prince Frederick, Md Weather, Matthew Ramsey Songs, Distrito De Castelo Branco, Cyclones Hockey Players, Collins Of Ireland, Canandaigua National Bank Mobile Deposit, Rodizio Grill Prices, Elkhart Weather Hourly,

frances allen berkeley

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. i've been told ive been told lyrics.