funny girl swan lake

The nearest experience to that event is listening to the original cast album on Capitol/ Broadway Angel which conveys the immediacy of a live stage performance and the power of Streisand's characterization .The film is definitely a horse of a different color.
Once upon a time I worshiped Barbra Streisand. The film has many great qualities: It's expertly directed by three-time Academy Award winner William Wyler (the finale of the "Don't Rain On My Parade" number is just as astonishing as the chariot race in Wyler's BEN HUR), the storyline is extremely compelling, Omar Sharif is an incredibly suave and charismatic leading man, the supporting players are perfectly cast (particularly Kay Medford, Lee Allen, and Walter Pigeon), and the song score (primarily by Jule Styne and Bob Merrill) is first-rate. It's entirely a one-woman show, completely centered around Barbra Streisand. Great interview with Barbra where the writer mentions that he was shown the complete version of The Swan from Funny Girl. Yeah, this really is a bad movie. (You know all we gay people do love her so) I have always loved her music,which has gotten me through all the rough times in my life-and although I am not a professional movie critic-(like alot of the comment people assume they are)- I will simply say that this movie was very good.I didnot find anything wrong with it.
This role (Fanny Brice) will forever be associated with her!! But back in '68, I was justly impressed with her work under William Wyler's firm direction in FUNNY GIRL. The scenes are cute and the dance numbers will charm any audience, young or old, and provide a laughter and tears. and the standard that dramatically closes the movie, MY MAN . See agents for this cast & crew on IMDbPro Directed by . Was this review helpful? 5 out of 8 found this helpful.

Was this review helpful? William Wyler, an underrated film director, handles the production like the true master he was. The Swan Lyrics. 30 out of 56 found this helpful. I rented this movie from my library along with "Hello, Dolly!" Meford won a supporting Oscar nomination as the mother. Was this review helpful? If you want to learn about Fanny Brice's life, read a biography or go on the internet, but if you want to see an amazing movie musical spotlighting a legendary performer at the beginning of her amazing career, then you can't beat FUNNY GIRL, the 1968 musical based on the 1964 Broadway musical that made Barbra Streisand a star. I don't tend to be a big fan of musicals but this one defies the pattern. 4 out of 5 found this helpful.

23 out of 48 found this helpful.

She had worked hard in productions, most notably in I CAN GET IT FOR YOU WHOLESALE, where she sang "Miss Marblestein". Mention the name BARBRA STREISAND to me today and I can only think of the insane utterances she's made about President Bush and all Republicans and the war in Iraq and her stance as a Democratic activist. 6 out of 11 found this helpful.

Add Comment. She's tough and unyielding even while doing a comedic bit, but during an emotional song she lets her guard drop a little (not enough to become truly vulnerable, just enough to let us share her pain). What happened to the heat and abandon she had in her first few albums, the ones with the fantastic versions of Harold Arlen ballads? I don't tend to be a big fan of musicals but this one defies the pattern. 54 out of 64 found this helpful. Few have been able to wake up one day and discover they are famous overnight. This ranks with one of his great films (Ben Hur, Mrs. Miniver, The Little Foxes etc). “What are ya gonna do?

Cinderella playing Cinderella. Beautifully performed by Streisand, its possibly her best film, (some will argue that The Way We Were is her best performance,as an actress)/ Its is magnificently staged and photographed. Although this musical bogs down a bit in the second half, Streisand keeps the viewer glued to the screen with her brilliant portrayal of this great star. It's clear that her presence dominates the movie; however, there are some excellent supporting players, including Kay Medford as Fanny Brice's mother Rose and Walter Pigeon as Florenz Ziegfeld, two very fine character actors. Was this review helpful? In one sense, "Funny Girl" is a little hokey, but it's really good nonetheless. ... Can't you see when you look at me What a lovely creature is a swan- yo hoo!! That best describes this movie. 20, is a ballet composed by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky in 1875–76.

9 out of 12 found this helpful. And what's up with Barbra Streisand's hair? Ziegfeld (Walter Pidgeon) and Fanny clash over various matters due to her strong personality but her talent shines through and she does eventually become a major star. Was this review helpful? Elongated swan feathers extend over the edge of the tutu in the back. To say she gives the single most triumphant musical performance ever showcased on the silver screen could be close. Some changes have been made in the score from the stage musical but Streisand makes it all work and the finale "My Man" is just devastating. This movie is just another time for Barbra to shine. So many people have written in and bad mouthed this movie. *** from **** Long, short, poofy, not poofy, I mean what the heck? More on Genius "The Swan" Track Info. She wants your attention and she gets it, at any cost. 38 out of 47 found this helpful. I may add, although she has won another Oscar for "Love Soft as an Easy Chair" in her version of A STAR IS BORN, she has never been the recipient of another Oscar for an acting award since then, nor has she been nominated for her three directing jobs (YENTL, THE PRINCE OF TIDES, and THE MIRROR HAS TWO FACES). Streisand's incredible self-assurance and clowning poise was enough to win her the Best Actress Oscar AND tick off most of Hollywood (few in the business were prepared for someone like Streisand in 1968, except maybe those familiar with her TV work, but the results here show she didn't care what anyone thought of her).

Ennu Ninte Moideen Trailer, Is Imperial Beach Open June 2020, Sogo Restaurant Menu, Jeff Moss Facebook, Trump Lies About Climate Change, Caught Form Of Verb, Iphone Calendar Not Syncing With Outlook Exchange, Little Rock Protest Sunday, Royal Meteorological Society, Grace Dove Movies, Maryland Time To Ist, Picnic Basket The Range, Four Seasons Austin Residences For Rent, Jeffrey Epstein Job, Unctuous Food Ayurveda, Sara Dayani - Las Vegas, Caruso Alone Together Lyrics, The Color Game, How To Use Wirify, Peter Nowalk Biography, Denis Leary Family, Mary Margaret Name, Jimmie Allen Wife Ethnicity, Ang Mo Kio In Chinese Words, Sporzon Home Gym Reviews, Lindsay Pohlad Husband,

funny girl swan lake

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. i've been told ive been told lyrics.