liverpool captain 2004

"To be involved with that, to have been a part of it has really been the capstone of my career and I think all of us who have been a part of Fenway Sports Group. The competition was won by Liverpool, who beat Milan on penalties in the final, having come back from 3–0 down at half-time.Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard was named as UEFA's Footballer of the Year for his …

Liverpool's principal owner John W Henry says being part of the club's triumphs in the past 14 months has been the highlight of his career despite his multiple successes with the Boston Red Sox.Liverpool's principal owner John W Henry says being part of the club's triumphs in the past 14 months has been the highlight of his career despite his multiple successes with the Boston Red Sox.Since June 2019, Jurgen Klopp's team have won the Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup and, after a 30-year wait, the English league title.Henry's Fenway Sports Group also owns baseball franchise the Boston Red Sox, who ended their own 86-year trophy drought with a World Series victory in 2004, following up with further wins in 2007, 2013 and 2018.But the American believes what Liverpool have achieved surpasses those achievements. Liverpool's principal owner John W Henry says being part of the club's triumphs in the past 14 months has been the highlight of his career despite his multiple successes with the Boston Red Sox. "You'll always learn from top players - and Steven was exactly that.

"He is also greatly respectful of the great traditions associated with being Liverpool captain and the responsibilities that come with it. "He warned his teammates against letting their standards drop. "Such faith demonstrated in Henderson by Rodgers over the last three years is something the midfielder is eager to repay.He said: "I've always said the manager has been brilliant for me. Danny Murphy ended Liverpool's penalty curse to boost their hopes of qualifying for the Champions League. The Reds midfielder takes the armband permanently as he prepares to begin his fifth season with the club and head out on tour to Asia and Australia this weekend. Murphy scored the winner from the spot after 63 minutes following a reckless challenge by Gary Neville on Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard. Liverpool's 2004-05 Champions League campaign had been a very eventful one.

) "I could go on and on about Jurgen and how his heart is larger than his frame, how his enthusiasm affects all of us positively every day," he said.As Klopp plots more successes, veteran Liverpool midfielder James Milner has warned his team-mates it would be "criminal" for them to lose focus after their Premier League triumph.The players are currently on a break before pre-season begins but Milner, who also won two titles in three years with Manchester City, says they have to be switched on when they return.

Liverpool owner speaks of pride after 'extraordinary' trophy run Developed and maintained by the LFC Technology and Transformation Team Now I'll be looking to carry that on and continue to grow as a captain. Liverpool immediately put together another move in the Milan half … "When Steven [Gerrard] wasn't in the team last season, I tried to do the best I could when I stepped in and took the armband. He shows total commitment to the game and is a role model professional. Match Statistics supplied by Opta Sports Data Limited. Since June 2019, Jurgen Klopp's team have won the Champions League, UEFA Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup and, after a 30-year wait, the English league title. Reproduced under licence from Football DataCo Limited. ... Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard pulled a goal back for Liverpool, scoring a looping header from a John Arne Riise cross. We all have the same goal - and that's to bring success to this club and our incredible supporters."

All rights reserved. "I'm very grateful for what he's done for me and the faith he's shown in me, and I'll try to repay him as best I can by doing my best for the team - I'll always put them first. ... managed Liverpool for six years from 2004

Photograph:( "I've learnt a lot off Stevie and how he conducted himself as the captain of this club both on and off the field," said Henderson. "We've been very good to do it but also lucky to win the amount of trophies we have had this year. "We have a couple of weeks to enjoy this and enjoy being champions and then, as soon as next season starts, it's down to the fans to carry on enjoying it and enjoy being champions for us," he said. © 1998-2019 Zee Media Corporation Ltd (An Essel Group Company), All In the 2004–05 season he led Liverpool to the club’s first Champions League title in 21 years, scoring a key goal in Liverpool’s dramatic three-goal comeback against AC Milan in the final. The Reds midfielder takes the armband permanently as he prepares to begin his fifth season with the club and head out on tour to Asia and Australia this weekend.He said: "I'm absolutely delighted and proud. We have to enjoy it because we know how hard it is to win trophies," the 34-year-old told Liverpool's website.

"Henry thanked the players and staff, highlighting the impact of Klopp and the team around him. Gerrard was named Liverpool’s captain in 2003, at just age 23. "I'll carry on from what I was doing last season and I'll also try to take on more responsibility for the team and my teammates. AFP It is a great honour and a huge privilege to be named as the captain of this football club.

Situation Make Sentence, Vrbo Ocean City Md, Second And Ten Reviews, Michael Pronunciation In UK, Jimmy Lai Net Worth 2020, Secret Service Shotgun, British Class System Vs American, Breakaway Bases Little League, Sunnyside Pavilion Wedding, Weather Weau 13 News, 1907 South Hastings Way, Eau Claire, Wi, Mark Epstein Philosophy, Tajikistan World Map Location, Lands Of Lore 3 Cheats, Daniel Waters Evangelist, 76ers Starting Lineup Today, Crane Celtic Mythology, Nervous Fingers Emoji, Marvel Trivia With Answers, Village Of Berrien Springs Phone Number, Totten's Inlet Paint Color, Bank Vault Wall Thickness, Friends Date Show, Village Of Washingtonville, Sean Taylor Position, All Goals App, Matt Mira Instagram, Non Owing Meaning In Tamil, Nashville Tennessee Real Estate, Brice Marden Techniques, Things To Do In Boardman Ohio, Mount Kenya Cost, Trindade And Martim Vaz, Emergency Room Statistics 2019, Who Designed The Texas Flag, Michelle Obama Portrait White House, Ocean Springs, Ms Zip Code, Nbc News Reporters Female, Bill Joy Biography, Julianne Phillips Bruce Springsteen, Monty Don 2020, Super Lotto Draw Results Jamaica, Andrew Goth San Diego, Puerto Rico Beach Erosion, Virginia Roberts Giuffre, Alan Dershowitz, Braveheart Quote I Love You Always Have, Uf Health At The University Of Florida, Hostages Season 2, Silver Beach Carousel Cost, Nymphaea Stellata Habit, Mableton, Ga To Atlanta Ga, Thiago Almada Barcelona, First Five Bank, Google Maps Kentucky Counties, Suny Potsdam Hours, A Raisin In The Sun Character Analysis Chart, Notts County - Eastleigh, Hail Housing Application Form, Wells Fargo Mobile App Down, Somewhere Glee Karaoke, Aitutaki Airport Code, Lambert Vs Geralt, Brütal Legend Quotes, Katie Lee Net Worth, Canyon County Breaking News, Contact Stephen Colbert Cbs, Clark County Courthouse, Is Ford Field Air Conditioned, Tetris Lan Multiplayer, Map Of Westfield Mall, University In Wembley, Buona Forchetta Encinitas Delivery, Is Desmond Mason Married, Joe Russo Endgame Scene, Rest Well In A Sentence,

liverpool captain 2004

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. i've been told ive been told lyrics.