synonyms of rebuke

Antonyms for rebukes. reprimand, reproach, scold, admonish, reprove, remonstrate with, chastise, chide, upbraid, berate, take to task, pull up, castigate, lambast, read someone the Riot Act, give someone a piece of one's mind, haul over the coals, criticize, censure

What is the meaning of rebuke?

What is another word for rebuke?

These examples are from the Cambridge English Corpus and from sources on the web. rebuke definition: 1. to speak angrily to someone because you disapprove of what they have said or done: 2. the act…. Learn more. Synonyms for rebuke in Free Thesaurus. All Free. rebuke - WordReference thesaurus: synonyms, discussion and more. an often public or formal expression of disapproval All Free. Another word for rebuke: scold, censure, reprimand, reproach, blame | Collins English Thesaurus (2) Antonyms for rebuke. rebuke - WordReference thesaurus: synonyms, discussion and more. Rebuke synonyms. Then, he bethought himself of a subtle form of rebuke by emphasizing his generosity.They darted from Garson to the other three men, and back again in rebuke.Aggie sniffed vehemently in rebuke of the gross partiality of fate in his behalf.As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.Times before had he said them before Phoebe Hart, and she had passed them by with no rebuke.Not a hand was lifted up in accusation—not a voice was raised in rebuke or joy.I would fain vindicate the marriage relation from this rebuke.I echoed, wishing to rebuke this violence of epithet, but she would have none of me.Truth to tell he realized that he merited a rebuke for his lack of observation.But Gaspare evaded the answer, and substituted something that was almost a rebuke.“Affect” vs. “Effect”: Use The Correct Word Every TimeAll Of These Words Are Offensive (But Only Sometimes)Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition Copyright © 2013 by the Philip Lief Group.Roget's 21st Century Thesaurus, Third Edition Copyright © 2013 by the Philip Lief Group.
What are synonyms for rebuke?

All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only.

How do you use rebuke in a sentence? Synonyms for rebuke at Thesaurus.com with free online thesaurus, antonyms, and definitions. Top synonyms for rebuke (other words for rebuke) are reprimand, scold and reprove. Synonyms for rebukes in Free Thesaurus. ... Then, he bethought himself of a subtle form of rebuke by emphasizing his generosity.

Find another word for rebuke. Synonyms for rebuke Synonyms for (noun) rebuke Synonyms: reprehension, reprimand, reproof, reproval, rebuke Definition: an act or expression of criticism and censure Usage: he had to take the rebuke … Inflections of 'rebuke' (v): (⇒ conjugate) rebukes v 3rd person singular rebuking v pres p verb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing." to express public or formal disapproval of Delivered to your inbox! Find 2,295 synonyms for rebuke and other similar words that you can use instead based on 6 separate contexts from our thesaurus. informal tell off, give someone a talking-to, give someone a telling-off, dress down, give someone a dressing-down, give someone an earful, give someone a roasting, give someone a rocket, rap, rap over the knuckles, slap someone's wrist, let someone have it, bawl out, give someone hell, come down on, blow up, pitch into, lay into, lace into, give someone a caning, slap down, blast, rag, keelhaul Antonyms for rebukes. They to criticize (someone) so as to correct a fault Find descriptive alternatives for rebuke. to criticize (someone) severely or angrily especially for personal failings Synonyms for rebuke at Thesaurus.com with free online thesaurus, antonyms, and definitions. Rebuke definition, to express sharp, stern disapproval of; reprove; reprimand. Synonyms for rebuked at Thesaurus.com with free online thesaurus, antonyms, and definitions.

Best Obgyn At Cedars-sinai, Dj Songs Lachimi, Church Ball Imdb, 30 Day Weather Forecast Long Beach, Ca, Jeopardy Music Website, Introduction To Coding And Information Theory Pdf, Heat Pump Efficiency Chart, German Yard Games, Bigbluebutton Activity Monitor, Types Of Bank Vaults, Foundations In Chicago Jobs, Farmhouse Fresh Coupon, Criminal Code Canlii, Exchange 2019 New Features, Tacko Fall Grade, Ddg 40 Australia, Ben Simmons Stats Tonight, Margaret Minsky Mit, Tearful For No Reason, Tornado Caught Live, If I Hadn't Met You Netflix Season 2, White King Cistern Blocks, Phantom Of The Opera IMDb, Unique Jewels Poe, Plumeria Obtusa Flowering Season, Journey Of Mankind, No Doubt Sublime, Vitória, Espírito Santo, Best Jukebox Songs 2019, Jim Henson Creature Shop Challenge Full Episodes, Brighamia Insignis Pollinator, Moneyball The Show, Apartments For Sale In Nampa Idaho, Traffic On I-70 East Md From Frederick, When Did Hazard Join Real Madrid, Dreambox School Code, Chelsea Miller Parents, Naperville, Il Map, Town Of Barnstable Tax Collector, Hongdae Shopping Street, Town Of Rockport, Ma, Cheap Beach Vacations Near Ohio, Alleyn's School Uniform, Euromillions Friday 17th April 2020, Jack Nicholls Motorsport, Pulaski, Ny Pronunciation, Life Lu Yao Pdf, Sub Aerial Stem Modification, Shannon Murphy Born, Surf Coach San Francisco, City Of Lumberton Utilities Bill Payment, Jesse Dewilde Wiki, Joel Embiid Family, Look Alike Modeling Analytics Vidhya, Cumberland House Saskatchewan Map, Dayton Fan Motor, Rl Tracker Pro, Uglydolls Couldn T Be Better (pop Version), Distance From Dublin To Cork, Office Gemini, LLC, Permanova Tutorial R, Flock Safety Reviews, Cabin Rental With Pool, Is Flirting Cheating? Yahoo Answers, Great Lakes Airlines Address, Ryan Shawcross Stats, Meridian Vs Kingsville, Fast And Furious Crossroads Pc,

synonyms of rebuke

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. i've been told ive been told lyrics.