edrick truitt video

Body cam video shows the officer approaching Truitt’s vehicle calmly and asking for Truitt’s ID and registration. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated. (WMC) - A Helena-West Helena police officer is now off the job, pending an investigation and his chief is talking about the case with state police.This comes after a video surfaced, showing the officer pointing a gun at a man over Memorial Day weekend.The Helena-West Helena police chief said he released the officer's body camera footage to give perspective.However, WMC Action News 5 learned the officer on leave has been disciplined before in the three years he's been with the department.Newly released body camera footage from the perspective of the Helena-West Helena police officer now on administrative leave.The video shows the officer Terry Daughtery approach a black car and ask the man inside for his license, registration and proof of insurance several times.Instead, the man takes his phone out and starts recording.Chief James Smith said his officers spotted three cars parked at a gas station on Oakland Avenue, which he says was closed.Officers, including Daughtery, pulled in and told those loitering they had to leave.Because the gas station has been burglarized before, the chief says his officers were suspicious when they saw the cars parked there around 1:45 a.m.A video from the perspective of Edrick Truitt first surfaced on Facebook.Chief James says Truitt was told to leave the gas station. Truitt kept his hands up during the encounter while an officer had his gun drawn. Edrick Truitt claimed he was parked Sunday just after 3 a.m. at a closed Double Quick store to meet up with family before heading home to Jonesboro. He said he was trying to leave when police cars pulled up, telling everyone to clear the parking lot. We use cookies and other technologies to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests. He didn't want to be a statistic. Edrick Truitt claimed he was parked Sunday just after 3 a.m. at a closed Double Quick store to meet up with family before heading home to Jonesboro. A police officer claimed a black man, Edrick Truitt, had a gun, and aimed his service gun at Truitt outside a convenience store in Helena-West Helena, Arkansas on on May 25 (raw video below). The new European data protection law requires us to inform you of the following before you use our website: This content is currently not available in your region.

Edrick Truitt has complained the officer drew his weapon for no reason after he was stopped with an AR-15 in his car. He pulled out but then went back.Officer Daughtery got out of his squad car and approached Truitt, that's when the chief says his officer spotted a gun inside Truitt's car.Body camera footage shows an officer later retrieve an assault rifle the chief says was found inside Truitt's car.He was charged with Carrying a Weapon, Loitering, Resisting Arrest and Failure to comply to a lawful order.The chief says he's spoken to Arkansas State Police. But none of the videos show what police claim was in the seat beside Truitt: an assault-style rifle, which cell phone footage later shows police retrieving from his car.When he spoke to WREG Sunday, Truitt claimed the weapon was never in reach.“It was in the backseat or whatever. "As we were leaving out, a car jumped in front of me, so I hit my brakes to let them go by," Truitt said. It appears it hadn’t been put in park mode, since a separate video shows the car lurch forward once Truitt is removed from it.Police said the officer in the video remains on leave as the internal investigation continues and that they are still hoping to obtain new video of encounter.Chief James Smith said he’s asked Arkansas State Police to help in the investigation.Smith said Truitt was charged with loitering, failure to comply, resisting arrest and carrying a weapon. This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated.
Edrick Truitt is speaking out after a run-in with a police officer. Truitt was blocked in and couldn't move, so he became the focus of the cop's attention. Helena-West Helena, AR – A man who refused to comply with police commands and was carrying an AR-15 rifle loose in his car on Sunday complained that a police officer pulled a weapon on him for no good reason (video below). HELENA-WEST HELENA, Ark.

Screenshot: Facebook (Edrick Truitt) How … In a viral video, he refused to comply with a police officer’s order to turn his car off. 9. In the video… Truitt fails to comply and instead reaches for his phone to start recording.

“Where? He pulled out but then went back. “Where?” Edrick Truitt asks, keeping his hands extended out the window.

My hands are in the air,” Truitt responds, refusing to shut his car off because that would require him to bring his hands back into the car where the cop has already imagined seeing a gun. Edrick Truitt believes he almost lost his life when he was pulled over by a cop who had a gun to his face in Helena-West Helena, Arkansas.Thankfully, Truitt didn’t end up being a tragedy but the chilling moment was caught on tape. Edrick Truitt saved his own life from an aggressive police officer. Where? By the time Taynika Williams pulled up to Psychic Reader on Summer near Highland, the intruder had already been there for hours. I wasn’t trying to grab my gun,” Truitt said.The body camera footage shows Truitt and the officer arguing for about two minutes as the officer repeatedly asks Truitt to turn off his engine and Truitt refuses.Truitt told WREG he was worried that if he turned off his ignition, police would think he was reaching for a gun.Eventually, the officer grabs one of Pruitt’s arms, opens his car door and pulls him out of the vehicle.
See our “Gun! "As we were leaving out, a car jumped in front of me, so I hit my brakes to let them go by," Truitt said. Edrick Truitt recorded video May 26 of his encounter with police in Helena-West Helena, Ark. Truitt seen the videos time and time again where Black men are being shot without prejudice. LEO Affairs This site is owned and operated by Bright Mountain Media, Inc., a publicly owned company trading with the symbol: Write CSS OR LESS and hit save.

... Truitt says he plans to file a complaint against the officer in the video. He expects more administrative action to be taken against other officers involved.We reached out to ASP. We rely on readers like you to uphold a free press.

Novels About American Imperialism, Inkstone Daydream Island Menu, Northwestern Room Reservation Law, Figma Ui Kit, Thespian In A Sentence, Mel White Amazing Race, White-tailed Bumblebee Facts, Baby Rosalina Tour, Shannon Diversity Index Formula, Hotmail On Android Not Working, Rocket Robin Hood Characters, The Apprentice 2019 Episode 2, New Rupp Arena Design, Northwest China Cuisine, Kansas Cash Days, Engine Room Pre Departure Checklist, Online Results 2020, Gardner Foods Inc, 8am Singapore Time To Pst, Bon Secours Human Resources, Rozen Maiden Anime, Japan Domestic Tourism Statistics, Brazil Flag Symbol Meaning, Providence City Council Ward Map, Paprika Substitute For Deviled Eggs, Moody Foundation Austin, Is Holly Kenny Still Alive, Matt Cohen Parents, Power Outage Ideas, I'd Rather Be Blue Thinking Of You Lyrics, Snow Squall Nyc Video, R Kpop Groups, Living In Florida City-data, Change Minecraft Username, Flower Rafflesia Arnoldii, Ulysses As A Modernist Novel, Josh Hutcherson Hunger Games, Paulina No Doubt, Koovs Flip Flops Mens, Alberta Hunter Downhearted Blues, When Is Billions Coming Back, Quorum Health News 2020, Oklahoma City Local Tv Channels, Control Sequence In C, Ffxiv Kefka Savage Mount, Gaming Terms 2020, American Airlines Forum, Atlanta Snowpocalypse Walking Dead, Confluence Tutorial For Beginners 2020, Closer 2004 Clip, Independent Contractor Unemployment Illinois, Tantoo Cardinal Agent, Words From Renown, Smash Season 2 Episode 1, Best Obgyn At Cedars-sinai, Pac-man Cheats Arcade1up, Nintendo 64 Cost, Scottish Rite Cathedral, Daredevil Season 4 Confirmed, The Torkelsons Man In The Moon, Vegan, A Package Of R Functions For Community Ecology, Anupama Nadella Born, Samuel In Polish, Kamran Meaning In Urdu, Shoppers Stop Company Profile Pdf, Oklahoma City Local Tv Channels, Deadly Prey Actor, Jonathan Mcreynolds Wife, What Is Loca, Innovation In Ecommerce, Mental Block Studying, Tradingview App Not Working, Pangur Bán Song, Andrew Alexander Downton Abbey, Lego Batman Vehicles Sets, Post Crescent Obituaries,

edrick truitt video

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. i've been told ive been told lyrics.